For the love of the game
Do you remember the feeling you had at your first match when thousands of the crowd went up as one pleading “Ball!” Or growing out of dozens of footy jumpers as you grew up, and mum sewing a different player’s number on each one. What about the time you and your workmate took a sickie for the Grand Final… before it became an official public holiday. That’s a day you’ll never forget, or your old boss.
It’s those magical moments and memories that define your love of footy. So the Australian Prostate Centre and 3AW’s Ross Stevenson want you to tell us why you love footy so much.
Apart from the chance to win two tickets to our annual Love Letter to Football fundraiser on May 14th, the other side to this is you’ll be supporting the treatment and research of prostate cancer, a disease that affects 1 in 6 Australian men each year.
It doesn’t matter who you are, what age or gender, once you share your Footy Love Letter with us you’ll be supporting our team as we take on prostate cancer. At the end of the day, it’s all for the love of footy, so enter your Love Letter to Footy now!
Here’s some of the rules you need to know before submitting your love letter:
- If you’re under the age of 18, you need written permission from a parent or guardian.
- Submissions must be 350 words or less.
- Donations are not mandatory for entry (although they are encouraged!).
- You must begin your letter with “Dear Footy, I love you…”
- Don’t be afraid to use drama, humour or emotion in your letter – let your love for footy shine!
- Think creatively. Maybe write a short-story, poem or even a song.
- One lucky winners over the age of 18 will win two tickets to the Love Letters to Football event on May14th 2020, hosted by Ross Stevenson.
- One winner under 18 years of age will win a …………(TBA)…
- Both winners will have their Love Letter read out at the Love Letter to Football event by a member of 3AW’s football team.
- Winners are required to pay for their own transport and accommodation, if needed.
- EVERY entry helps to support awareness and treatment of prostate cancer.
- Ross Stevenson will be umpire picking the winning entries. Only the winning entrants will be contacted.