Love Letter to Football Competition
Australian Prostate Cancer Research “APCR”
ABN 63 151 598 908
Level 8, 14-20 Blackwood Street, North Melbourne, Vic 3051
(03) 8373 7600
Entry – residency restriction
Entry is only available to residents of Australia.
6:00am AEST on Monday 3/5/2021 to 5:00pm AEST Wednesday 19/5/2020.
How to enter
To enter the Competition, each entrant must, during the Competition Period: Upload their Love Letter to Football via www.lovelettertofootball.org.au or post letters to Love Letter to Football Competition, Level 8, 14-20 Blackwood Street, North Melbourne Vic 3051.
In 350 words or less write your personal Love Letter to Football.
Are multiple entries permitted?500
Receipt of entries
The time each entry is received will be the time the entry is uploaded online or received at the address provided. Entries will be tallied after 2pm each day.
Prize(s) – description
$500 Officeworks Voucher
2 tickets to LLTF event on Wednesday 26/05/21 (valued at $330)
Under 18s Final Prize
$500 Officeworks Voucher
There are also 4 x $100 Officeworks Vouchers for the judges to give out to entries that are they judge to be runners up.
Total Prize Pool
Both winners will have excerpts of their Love Letter read out at the Love Letter to Football event.
APCR will organise for the prizes to be delivered to the winner of each category. The prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.
Judge(s) The Judge(s) of the Competition will be an APCR approved panel who will determine the winners in each category.
Determining the winner(s)
The entries will be judged, and the winner(s) will be determined, at or around 3:00pm AEST on 20/5/2021 at APCR, Level 8, 14-20 Blackwood Street, North Melbourne Vic 3051.
Within 24 hours of the winner(s) being determined, each winner will be notified by phone or email.
Within 7 days of the winner(s) being determined, the name and suburb (or town) or each winner will be published at:
PART A – INTRODUCTION
1. Information on how to enter and Prize details form part of these terms and conditions.
2. By participating in the Competition, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the terms and conditions include the Schedule above.
3. Entries must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid.
4. Where there is an inconsistency between the Schedule and Parts A to J of these terms and conditions, the schedule will prevail.
5. The Promoter will collect and use each entrant’s personal information for the purposes of conducting the Competition (which may include disclosure to third parties for the
purpose of processing and conducting the Competition) and for promotional
purposes, public statements and advertisements in relation to the Competition.
6. By entering the Competition, entrants consent to the use of their personal information as
described in clause 5.
PART C – WHO CAN ENTER THE COMPETITION
7. If the Schedule permits entrants to be under the age of 18 years, such entrants must seek
permission from their parent or guardian to enter. If the winner of a Prize is under 18 years
of age, the Prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
8. Directors and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or its related
companies or agencies and Participating Retailers are not eligible to enter. Immediate
families means spouse, ex-spouse, child, step-child, parent, step-parent, legal guardian,
sibling or step-sibling.
PART D – HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
9. To enter, each entrant must comply with the ‘How to Enter’ section of the Schedule.
10. If the Schedule permits entrants to submit more than one entry, each entry must be unique
and submitted separately.
11. Entries must not have been published previously or used to win prizes in other
12. An entry cannot be modified after it has been submitted.
13. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to request verification of the age, identity,
residential address or any other information relevant to participation in the Competition of
all entrants. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false
information or fails to provide information that is reasonably requested by the Promoter.
14. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to accept entries which are
incomplete, indecipherable, offensive, do not comply with these terms and conditions or
which contravene any applicable laws or regulations.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who has
breached any of these terms and conditions, has engaged in unlawful or improper conduct
or otherwise acts to cheat or undermine the fairness of the Competition by, for example,
tampering with, or using or exploiting errors in, the entry process to obtain a competitive
advantage over other entrants.
16. The eligibility of entries is solely within the discretion of the Promoter.
17. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected or damaged entries or
PART E – PRIZES
18. Each Prize is not transferrable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
19. If a Prize is unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves
the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater monetary value. This right is
subject to any applicable legislation, regulations or directions from a regulatory authority.
20. Once a Prize has left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for the
Prize being damaged, lost or stolen.
21. All taxes (excluding GST, if any) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving a
Prize are the sole responsibility of each winner.
22. A winner’s use of the Prize is entirely at their own risk. Before a Prize is awarded, a winner
may be required to sign an agreement to release the Promoter from and indemnifying the
Promoter against any liability arising from the winner’s acceptance and use of the Prize and
the winner’s participation in the Competition.
PART F – HOW THE WINNER(S) ARE DETERMINED
23. The Competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner(s).
24. At the time and date specified in the “Determining the winner(s)” section of the Schedule,
each valid entry will be judged individually on its merits by the Judges based on the Content
25. The winning entry or entries will be the entry or entries that best satisfy the Content Criteria,
as determined by the Judges.
26. The number of winning entries to be selected will be the same as the total number of Prizes
specified in the Schedule
27. The Judges’ decision will be final and binding and no correspondence with entrants or any
other person will be entered into.
28. Each winner will receive a Prize.
PART G – NOTIFICATION AND CLAIMING THE PRIZE(S)
29. The Promoter will provide each winner with instructions on how to claim their Prize. It is the
responsibility of each winner to comply with the Promoter’s instructions.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to request each winner to provide proof of their identity
and/or proof that they were responsible for the winning entry.
31. Each winner agrees to participate and cooperate, as required, in all publicity activities
relating to the Competition, including, without limitation, being interviewed, photographed,
filmed and recorded. Each winner authorises the Promoter to use such content for
advertising and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity worldwide.
32. It is the responsibility of each entrant to notify the Promoter of any change to their contact
PART H – UNCLAIMED PRIZES
33. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to identify and notify each winner in an attempt
to ensure that each winner receives their Prize. However, if a winner cannot be identified or
does not claim the Prize within 48 hours of the date on which the winners are
determined, their Prize is forfeited.
PART I – NO LIABILITY
34. Any Prize supplied by a third party supplier is subject to the terms and conditions of that
third party supplier. Each Prize may come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under
the Australian Consumer Law. If those guarantees are not complied with, then you will have
rights under the Australian Consumer Law. Subject to those guarantees and rights, the
Promoter shall not be liable and excludes all liability (including negligence) for any loss or
damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential
loss) for damage to property, personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection
with the Competition or the use or taking of any Prize except for any liability which cannot
be excluded by law including as provided for under the Australian Consumer Law.
PART J – TERMINATION OF COMPETITION
35. The Promoter reserves the right to vary the terms of, or cancel, the Competition at any time
without liability to any entrant or other person, subject to applicable laws